Sunday, July 31, 2011

None Can Hurt Us Without Our Consent


On his first day in office, as President Abraham Lincoln entered to deliver
his inaugural address, a man stood up- he was a rich aristocrat.
He said, "Mr. Lincoln, you should not forget that your father used to make
shoes for my family".
The whole senate laughed, they thought they had made a fool of Lincoln.
But certain people are made of a totally different mettle.
Lincoln looked at the man directly into his eyes and said:
"Sir, I know that my father used to make shoes for your family,
and there will be many others like you, because he made shoes
in a way nobody else could. He was a creator.
His shoes were not just shoes. He poured his soul into them.
I want to ask you, have you any complaint about his work?
And because I know how to make shoes myself, I can make you another pair.
As far as I know, nobody has ever complained about my father's shoes.
He was a genius and I am proud of my father".
The whole senate was dumb-struck.
They could not comprehend Lincoln's personality.
Remember: None Can Hurt Us Without Our Consent.
It's not what happens to us that hurt us..
It's our response to a situation or stimulus that hurt us.
If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more,
do more and become more, you are a leader.
Our ATTITUDE determines our ALTITUDE
Thanking you,
Love,
Adv. Alex Abraham Odikandathil

2 comments:

  1. wow!ur blog looks so fresh now,easy on the eyes too.thanks for this wonderful post :-)

    ReplyDelete