Friday, August 2, 2013

RIP

Apostle Paul wrote of the apparent end of his own life and said in Second Timothy 4:6-7, “For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.” 

As Paul looked back over the years since he met Jesus on the road to Damascus, Paul said that he had accomplished three things: “have fought a good fight, have finished the course, have kept the faith.”

Remember:

If one continues to fight the fight of faith, he will be able to look forward to the same thing that Paul was looking forward to. A reading of Second Timothy 4:8: “Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.” Paul did not look for rewards in this life. His hopes for the future were entirely tied up in what the Lord would say to Him in the next life.

I think, so were you, Mr. John; 

RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment