Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Too big to be proud...

I had the rare privilege of being the key-note speaker in a huge, colorful function a few years ago. When I stepped out of my car at the venue, children came running all around; shaking hands with me, touching and poking me, waving at me. In fact, I was trying to keep my balance while being carried up several flights of stairs into the auditorium. I was literally carried away by the warmth of reception I received. I felt like the queen bee with a million bees buzzing around. Interestingly, I was yet to learn that I got all this misplaced accolade just because I was the first to arrive at the scene where they were expecting Mr. N. L. Balakrishnan who would give away tons of prizes to the student- achievers. My heart-felt condolences to the genius who departed us on 25/12/2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment